To Be Updated Shortly :)
15 April 2017
Boy oh Boy! The last two weeks spent sussing out new adventures in the South Island has been an unbelievable blast of discovery and fun for us.
27 March 2017
It's been a busy few months with bike trips all around the Central North Island, and with filling out compliance forms for DOC (Department of Conservation) regarding concession access to public lands controlled by them for our guided activities. Must say, even though it's been lengthy journey so far, it's been a good exercise with lots of administrative learnings from our environmental caretakers.
We are pleased to be testing our first "Trial Tour" taking place from 25-29 April.
We have a couple from Victoria (Vancouver Island) joining a few of our friends for 5 days of adventure ranging from Rotorua (Thermal Wonderland) and the best mountainbike park in NZ (check out www.crankworx.com ) to Taupo and onto Ohakune where we ride the cool as "Old Coach Road" and visit the very unique "Horopito Motors" commonly known as Smash Palace.
And there's room for one more couple if you wanted to join us...Contact Rachel to chat about the possibility.
31 January 2017
Wow... What an adventure day Monday was!!! Checking out more cool spots for you to come explore with us on your next tour.
1. Met Max Grace (and Jane Grace) cycling the Pureora Timber Trail. Who's Max Grace? 1964 Tokyo Olympian Cyclist. Very interesting chap with great stories to tell. Especially as son Jordan is carving a place for himself in the NZ Track Sprint Team this year.
2. Discovered on old coal mine (underground) that requires more investigation. Stay tuned for enlightenment... (Ha! we won't keep you in the dark!!)
3. Stumbled across an amazingly preserved timber mill originally from early 1900's that stopped in 1996 when the closed the gates and left everything behind. Check out the photo album of mill and offices etc. Going to organise a proper photo session soon and special access for you.
4. Visited the Black Fern Lodge and discovered a beautiful unique labour of love that's been developed over the last 20 years. Beautiful Garden of Eden. Just magjic :)
5. First time ever seeing the endangered WHIO Blue Duck and saw 4!!!!
6. Feed a dozen "friendly trout" in a predator free zone.
7. Explored part of Mt Titiraupenga ready for knobbly tyre trekking.
11 January 2017
Went on a "voyage of discovery" checking out new adventures;
Crawling underground at Okupata Caves http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/central-north-island/places/tongariro-forest-conservation-area/things-to-do/okupata-caves/
Lunching at Chateau Tongariro while checking out some fantastic accommodation options http://www.chateau.co.nz/?gclid=CjwKEAiA79zDBRCgyf2FgeiY-CESJABzr0BMgvyJQhyGxY433pVxxtyxSHLsYGjniNvqllWzmXUPWhoCUlvw_wcB
Riding new trails at http://www.nationalpark.co.nz/activities/tongariro-national-park-bike/marton-sash-door where I discovered a "phantom mtb park". Whats that you ask? It's a bunch of tracks built by locals that isn't on any maps or websites anywhere. it's located in a young redwood forest, and built by hand. Excellent design and well constructed old school riding tracks. definitely going back for another recce.
Then navigating back home along the eastern shores of the largest lake in NZ - Lake Taupo
20 Dec 2016 More reasons for us to have fun :) !!!
12 Dec 2016 Wowee!! today is "website go live" day!!
Very exciting for our website to be up and running, and showcase our cool cycling adventure options and images of our beautiful country.
Taking a leap of faith!!
We have had a really enjoyable time getting to know our accommodation hosts as they proudly guided us around their stunning properties set in amazing locations, and having huge amounts of fun exploring the massive range of amazing adventure activities. We are pretty excited for our guests, we believe they're going to have a very enjoyable and rewarding journey with us in NZ :)